Thursday, August 11, 2011

Volunteering over Backpacking

After a long thinking if I should volunteer right after I finish my studies. I wanted to sign up with Smaller Earth, to become park steward down Banff National Park, Canada!!! A very awesome sight and good opportunity to continue working as that's what I like. The only down-turn is I have to apply visa and is quite complicated as the embassy down here doesn't help much.

Now I finally decide!! After searching for other alternatives, sign up for Guatemala volunteer work under Original Volunteer. I have already sign up!! yyeaaahh!!! Getting my ass there by 6th September. I'm just worried for tropical disasters. =( Oh well, I need to get some shots while I'm down here.

This volunteer work would be something I would cherish as I can't get it done if I start my work life. 1 whole month of volunteering!!! Woowwww.. Can't wait.!!! After 1 month of volunteering, I would then backpack a little around England and a little down Europe, staying in friend's house. =)

Word of advice: Never be afraid to travel alone, just be sensible you would be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment